February 26, 2011

Farm Fresh Diary

February 26, 2011

I woke up this morning and jumped out of bed (sort of) because it was sunny and I knew that Panorama would be at the farmers' market. We've been out of sliced bread for a while and I passed up buying a loaf at the super market this week because I wanted to try one of Panorama's. Imagine my disappointment when they were nowhere to be found. Oh, well. Instead I picked up some other goodies:

Asparagus

There was lots of this stuff at the market this morning.

Avocados

These weren't on my radar but I saw them and thought that they'd make good guacamole for Oscar Sunday.

Potatoes

2 Yukon Golds (they're under the onions) along with the asparagus. I needed them for the Spanish tortilla that I wanted to make for breakfast:


It turned out ok...not as good as the previous 2 times I've made it. The potatoes took forever to cook and for some reason there didn't seem to be enough egg. I don't think I did anything different, but some days the cooking gods just aren't on your side.


At least it looks tasty...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment