January 16, 2011

This Week in Crafts

Week of January 10, 2011

I made quite a to-do list for myself this week. I had some setbacks and one of my projects didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but all in all I accomplished a good portion of it.

I...

Wrote thank you notes and got them in the mail before Wednesday.


Sat down and wound a bunch of balls of yarn. I also made a yarn inventory and projects table so I can keep track of my stash and projects.



Sooo messy


Soooo pretty.

The slippers. I finished them and ran them through the wash, but they didn't felt as well as I had hoped. Actually, they didn't felt very much at all. This happened once before so I know that it's because my stitches were too tight. If there isn't enough space between the stitches, then the fibers don't have a chance to rub against each other and fuse. To add injury to insult they are way too big, even though I made the pattern according to my size. But I think I know who I can give them to.



I also visited Green Planet Yarn in Campbell, found something awesome at Urban Ore, picked up some great arts and crafts supplies at Blick, and went a little crazy at Ichiban Kan. And...I found a cabinet, fixed it up, and am nearly done getting my craft supplies in order. More on all that tomorrow.

2 comments: