Finished up my snazzy birthday hair accessories on Thursday. The clips didn't work out very well: the glue and cardboard was too stiff to allow them to bend like they need to.
So I scrapped the clips and opted for making sleeves that snapped closed. My technique and method isn't 100% (I accidentally glued the sleeve to the headband) but I'm definitely moving in the right direction. This way I can mix and match the feather pieces with various headbands. Who knows, they might just be showing up on my Etsy site...
I didn't work on my apron and the last Christmas gift did not turn out well at all. Our printer was still out of commission last week so my planner didn't get done either. But I went to Piedmont Yarn & Apparel and bought myself some beautiful yarn.
Per my goal to purchase handmade items I began my search for a new pair of slippers. I checked Etsy and Artfire, but I didn't really see anything that I liked. But I did find a pattern that I liked. I started making a pair of slippers. They're going to be a snazzy pair of felted bootie-like slippers.