January 17, 2011

This Week in Crafts (Part 2)

Week of January 10, 2011

Yesterday I shared some of the projects I crossed off my to do list from last week. Here are the rest.

I finished reinvisioning my craft space. I fixed up my Craigslist-find cabinet, moved my craft supplies into said cabinet, got rid of some stuff, and moved my yarn from the bedroom to under the craft table. Now its all centralized...except for my craft books. I'll have to figure something out.

The cabinet needed some minor tune ups (thanks to the bumpy pick-up) and some snazzy contact paper on the shelves. I think they add some needed color and flair.


The shelves have my sewing stuff: fabric, a tower of thrift store t-shirts, my caboodle of sewing notions, a basket of glitter and various glues, feather accessories materials, and embroidery kit.


I filled the drawers with felt and the rest of my embroidery supplies: hoops, Christmas embroidery thread (stashed in a bin that I crocheted this week), fabric stabilizer, etc.


My mini ironing board fits nicely between the cabinet and the wall. The top is perfect for storing my sewing projects in progress and this neat glass jar that Evan's mom sent me for Christmas.

While I was going through my stash last night I some of my first embroidery pieces. When I was in 6th grade my friend's mom taught me how to embroider. I remember liking it but I didn't keep it up. My skills were pretty rudimentary, but then again I was 11, so I can't be too had on myself. Besides, I kinda like the aesthetic. The subject matter is another story...

Amazingly, my handwriting hasn't changed much over the years.









Although our trip to Urban Ore for a cabinet was a bust, I did find this neat piece of history:

Well, actually, Evan found it. Its case is pretty beat up and I'm sure it doesn't work, but it looks really cool and it was only $8. I couldn't pass it up.



It still has thread in the bobbin!

And....I finally (started and) finished my planner. I covered a moleskine with some neat owl print paper that I found at Blick and filled it with monthly calendars from CreativeMamma.

No comments:

Post a Comment