January 9, 2011

Birthday Weekend

A smattering of what I did this weekend, my birthday weekend.

Treated myself to some tasty yarn from Piedmont Yarn & Apparel. A hank of Cascade Magnum (green), a skein of Madeline Tosh hand dyed superwash merino in scarlet, and 2 balls of Ella Rae Classic (it was on sale for $5 and I think I'll use it to make these). I don't have definitive plans for the others yet, but that's the whole point of making a frivolous yarn purchase on your birthday.


Wore my snazzy feathered birthday headband to dinner. (sorry, no picture of that.)


Received a lovely orchid from my dear friend Christina...complete with a thoughtful birthday wish from her darling kuttens.


Checked out the farmers' market on Saturday and bought whatever struck my fancy: broccoli rabe, meyer lemons, blood oranges, rosemary ciabatta, and some bacon.


Birthday weekend breakfast: homemade pancakes hot off my new panini press/griddle, blood orange, and bacon.


Got some killer vintage Pyrex courtesy of a visit with my mom and my brother. She found the set--complete with matching glass lids--at a thrift store. Clearly some old lady's "junk" is my treasure.


One of my birthday gifts to myself arrived in the mail. I bought it from LouiseRose and it arrived just in time for going out for some birthday pampering and libations with friends at The Trappist.


Thank you everyone for a wonderful birthday!

3 comments:

  1. I love Old pyrex dishes. I got a whole set for christmas that look similar to yours. Happy birthday dear friend! When I get back to the bay lets do a coffee date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Alicia! Those dishes are gorgeous!

    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete