April 2, 2011

Celebrate with Whoopie Pies

My dear friend Jennifer is finishing up her last semester at Mills (my alma mater). She's a lovely girl and a talented visual artist. The reception for An Artist's Dozen, the senior exhibition, in which she is participating is today. I wanted to bring her something to commemorate her participation in the show and all the hard work she's put into her pieces. I decided against flowers because that's what everyone gives to artists at receptions. And I figured I'd make her something because, well, I like to make stuff. So I made whoopie pies: red velvet with cream cheese filling.

I used this recipe from Michelle at Brown Eyed Baker for the cakes. I the recipe for cream cheese filling from Whoopie Pies as a start off point for my filling.
















No comments:

Post a Comment