April 9, 2011

Farm Fresh Diary

I shopped vicariously through others today at the farmers' market. Two of my friends (the ones who have the cats that I've been watching) have been our of the country for nearly a month. They come home tomorrow and I wanted to make sure that they would have a (somewhat) fully stocked fridge upon their return. So I broke into the "emergency" envelope and headed to the market with them in mind. Here's what they'll find in their fridge tomorrow:


Baby spinach, romaine lettuce, celery, onions, garlic, tomatoes, avocados, mandarin oranges, apples, and strawberries. Summer produce is here!

I picked up a few things for myself. I had a couple of dollars and couldn't resist some skinny asparagus and mint (I'm making spanakopita tomorrow).



3 samosas and one chocolate croissant also came home with me, but we ate them before I could get out the camera. The croissant was delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment