April 24, 2011

This Week in Crafts

Week of April 18, 2011

This week I picked up my crochet hook and started making something from my crafting to-do list--a snazzy lacey bolero from Happy Hooker. And I did it the proper way, to boot: I made a gauge swatch of the pattern. This was a great, albeit painstakingly slow exercise. The good news is that my gauge is spot on. The bad news is that I discovered that the pattern was a bit more complicated that I had thought. I've never hooked front and back post double crochet stitches before, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.


Today tried out my vision of a whoopie pie version of the Strawberry Cream Cake that I made last weekend. I used the vanilla cake recipe from Whoopie Pies, the frosting recipe from America's Test Kitchen, and farm fresh strawberries. They turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. A post of its own later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment