March 30, 2011

Iron Craft Challenge Wednesday



This week's challenge was all about animals. I decided to use it to make one of the many amigurumi animal patterns that I have in my project queue. I can't claim authorship of the pattern (it's Lion Brand) but I think I did a pretty good job. I even made all 8 legs.

Speaking of legs: it was a little tricky sewing all those damn legs onto the body. But the face was the trickiest part. It's incredibly hard to embroider on a three-dimensional object. Then I remembered that I had these neat star buttons that I bought as part of a mixfit bag of buttons a few weeks ago. I think they make her look like she's wearing star glasses. I think I'll name her Darla.

Darla fits right in with the rest of the menagerie. If I do say so myself...


No comments:

Post a Comment