October 31, 2011

Let's Mash. Monster Mash!


I hosted a Halloween party on Saturday and it was a mash, it was a graveyard smash. 

I made a bunch of spooky food. Christina mixed up some Zombie Punch. A bunch of friends dressed up in fabulous costumes--Crazy Cat Lady, Cloudy Sky, Alexander the Great, Boo from Monsters Inc., a Once-ler with the Lorax, and two cute witches. I was properly zombified by the end of the evening...and well into the next day, too. But it was worth it.

Pumpkin Barf aka guacamole was a big hit. I got the idea from this pin. It was a little challenging carving the face, but I think it turned out pretty good. 

 Spicy Popcorn. Not scary, per se, but super tasty. I used this recipe as a jumping off point for my spice mixture.

 Our friend Kevin brought a killer cheese spread. 

Bite-Sized Ghosts. Strawberries dipped in vanilla white chocolate with dark chocolate faces.

Trick or Treat Cupcakes. 

Vanilla cupcakes topped with cooked vanilla rum buttercream and Halloween sprinkles, courtesy of Evan's mom...
...with a spooky trick inside! (Almost) blood red berry filling.

 Creepy crawly centerpiece.

Me and Christina: two cute witches.

No comments:

Post a Comment