December 18, 2010

Farm Fresh Diary: December 18, 2010

Just a quick note today about my trip to the farmers' market. I wanted to pick up some herbs and maybe some rapini from Happy Boy Farms, but they weren't there. I can't blame them though: it rained pretty hard yesterday and its supposed to storm today. But still, I was disappointed because I was looking forward to pick up those herbs for our Krampus Dinner Party next Saturday (more about that later).

I was successful, however, in picking up the potatoes for the dinner and I found some tasty, tasty olives for the hor d'oeuvres table. This is the first time that I've bought anything from this vendor; the seller was very nice and the samples were very tasty. I got 2 containers for $11--Meyer Lemon & Garlic and Mixed Olives--a little pricey, but its Christmas or Krampus time and I couldn't resist.



I also picked up a bunch of satsumas. Citrus sounded good.

And now I'm off to do baking and crafting. Pictures coming soon (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment