October 11, 2010

Farm Fresh Diary: October 9, 2010

I'm a little late on my farmers' market post this week. But I have a good reason...kinda. Well, not really; the weekend just got away from me. Evan and I had a wedding to go to on Sunday, which meant that I spent all weekend shopping for something that would appropriate for a dubstep wedding. The wedding was really nice and we looked pretty good if I do say so myself (sorry, no pictures).


The market was lovely as well. I went early, picked up some new veggies, and splurged for some goodies (like the flowers pictured above!).





Let's take a peak into my grocery bag.

Lettuce from Happy Boy Farms (my custom mix of sweet lettuce greens, bitter greens, baby spinach, and baby arugula).

A purple cauliflower--I discovered this variety of cauliflower last fall when I stopped into Andronicos in search of Melba toast. As I had never been in Andronico's before I took a few minutes to tour the store and I spied a row of orange, purple, and white cauliflower. I had never seen purple or orange cauliflower before--and I was veerry tempted to pick one up--but I opted for a couple of sugar pie pumpkins instead. One can't be
too daring in one day, after all.

Potato rosemary bread from Panorama (of course) and summer squash, strawberries, rosemary, and thyme.






No comments:

Post a Comment