March 11, 2010

Cheeseburgers and Ravioli

I have more catnip buddies! Take a look and tell me what you think.

Cheeseburger Buddy















I had a lot of fun doing this one. I was just sitting on the couch watching a television show that was probably turning my brain to mush and trying to think of a new design that would appeal to kitties and humans alike. And then it hit me: CHEESEBURGERS! How is that I hadn't thought of this before? At any rate, I quickly got to work and two hours later I was holding a Cheeseburger catnip buddy.






Each ingredient is hand cut (freehand, too) and sewn in place with matching embroidery thread. And it even has sesame seeds!




Catnip Buddy Ravioli

These little catnip filled "raviolis" are the product of procrastination and sheer panic. About two weeks ago I committed to a craft fair at the last minute. I set a catnip buddy production schedule that I promptly slacked off on, which left me with only three catnip toys by the morning of the event. After getting my things together and frosting the cupcakes that I had made for the Craft Market, I sat down and took out my catnip buddy making supplies. I wanted a pattern that I could complete quickly so I turned to my first cat toy design.

I dropped the tether and focused on the pillow. Sticking to one color of embroidery thread for all the stitches saved me some time and I found myself with just enough time to make one more. Except I didn't just want to make another rectangular one. Then a little light bulb went off in my head and I skipped into the kitchen to grad a jar lid. I used this as a stencil for the second pillow and chose a star motif because I wanted something classic, sporty and cute.

The circular shape of the blue buddy inspired me to name them both as raviolis, which I decided was much more interesting than calling them just plain catnip toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment