February 21, 2010

Creepy Amigurumi means "I Love You"

Meet Amigurumi Cthulhu. Although his forest green complexion and creature-from-the-deep face tentacles may strike fear into your human heart, this rose says it all: love, sweet, love.




He even has wings and at times can be a little bashful.


I made him in complete secrecy for Evan for Valentine's Day. The pattern for this adorable rendition of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu is from Creepy Cute, which has patterns for zombies, day of the dead figures, skeletons, and other creepy, mythological and questionable characters that you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley late at night--except in Amigurumi form, that is. I chose the Cthulhu pattern because Evan has been reading the complete works of Lovecraft book that I got for him for Christmas.

Last year I made him the Creepy Cute Corporate Zombie; an amigurumi that I thought was particularly fitting considering the fact that he had just begun working a somewhat corporate job and was sporting a hairdo that was roughly the same style. The hair was the hardest part to make: the instructions in the book were hard to follow, and an internet search yielded few results. But I figured it out and was quite pleased with the result.

I'm not sure what the next one will be...Nosferatu seems like the most likely choice, especially considering his request for his Christmas stocking. But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment