July 3, 2011

Cultivating My Green Thumb

One of my favorite aspects of the new place is the patio. I am so excited to have some outdoor space all of our own--a place where we can sit on hot nights, people watch, and sow some seeds. It almost makes up for not having a gas stove (but that's another story).

Unfortunately, I don't have the best track record when it comes to keeping plants alive. I've never had much luck with even the heartiest succulents and cacti. But then again I've never lived in a place that offered the right conditions for growing anything (at least, that's what I tell myself). Despite my dark past, I've jumped feet first into patio gardening. So far I've planted cherry tomatoes, wild flowers, marigolds, herbs, and another succulent. See for yourself.

Tomaters


Day 1


Day 9


Day 13

Wildflowers

Day 4


Day 8


Day 12

Succulents


Marigolds

Natural bug repellents...or so I've read. We'll see. I'll enjoy them regardless; I've always loved marigolds.

Herbs

Hi Ho Silver Thyme and Spicy Basil in their new homes next to the tomato seedlings and some marigolds

No comments:

Post a Comment