May 15, 2011

This Week in Crafts

Week of May 9, 2011

Not much crafting this week. My plans to continue the bolero and start on this week's Iron Craft Challenge were thwarted by an unforeseen change in circumstances that has led to us looking for a new place to live. We've been apartment hunting and filling out rental applications all week.

The only upside: this whole apartment business motivated me to take a close look at my art supplies. I got rid of some supplies and sorted through my stash of collage materials.


flowers and fabric

And I finally got around to photographing my most recent additions to my yarn stash.


My dear friend Christina hauled this mound of yarn all the way back to the States from her epic trek through Nepal. There's four big skein of brilliant blue yak yarn and three skeins of yarn made from recycled saris. They still smell like the international open air markets from which they came...and it's glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment