September 10, 2009

My First Post!

Hello Blogosphere!

After weeks of procrastination and general laziness, I've finally done it. I've created a blog. What originally started as an idea for how I could get the word out about my Etsy shop, has evolved into a blog about all things handicraft and cookery related.

I shall begin with my original intention: with a post featuring some items from my Etsy shop,
BoutiqueAliciaMarie:



This is Brown Bunny, a catnip filled felt bunny. I used a template from a book titled "The Cute Book" by Aranzi Aronzo. After I graduated from college this past May I found myself with a large quantity of catnip, felt and free time. So I decided to make catnip toys and try my hand at turning a hobby into something more. Not much has come my way in terms of monetary success from my Etsy endeavors, but I remain optimistic and love that people are looking. Here are some other examples of my work:


Catnip Cupcake (sold!)


Catnip Mushrooms
An appropriate (if not somewhat cliche) design choice for catnip toys.


And finally, an example of my knitting:
Knit Catnip Mouse

More posts to come...now that I've actually got this up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment