June 19, 2010

Vacationland

Our trip to Maine was lovely and now I'm back in Oakland. Well...I've been back for almost two weeks, but its been so busy that it seems like we got back yesterday. I haven't had enough time (or ambition) lately to make new things, but my plan for now is to photograph all of the craft projects that I've completed in the last year or so. And I resolve to post said photos next week. Until then, enjoy these great pics from my lovely escape to Maine.


Waiting for our flight to JFK, which was delayed.


Giant chicken. Monmouth, Maine.



Evan's parents' house in Monmouth and the welcoming committee, Parker.



Wicked Whoopies. The shop in Gardiner is super cute and I left feeling like I bought one of everything....because I kind of did. But they weren't all for myself: I shipped all but one to my dad and brothers.


Boothbay Harbor, Maine.


My lobster. tasty...





Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.








Beautiful flowers, awesome fungi, and orbs in the forest.


Casco Bay.


Us and the L.L. Bean 90th Anniversary Boot, Freeport, Maine.


Pemaquid Point Lighthouse, Bristol, Maine. Now all I need to do is visit a lighthouse in Alaska and I then I can say that I've visited lighthouses from all corners of the country.





Old Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge, Massachusetts. Neat living colonial museum and beautiful New England architecture.


Campaign ball of the 1840 presidential election. They sure don't campaign the way they used to.

I have more photos on my flickr page. Check it out if you want to see more, which I know you do.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment