April 27, 2010

Glorious Sunshine















California has finally decided that winter is over. For the first time in far too long it was a proper California weekend this weekend: sunny and warm.

I was in the kitchen, cooking--as usual--when it struck me that I should share some of this glorious sunshine with my beloved succulents. They've been suffering through the rainy weather. I got quite worried about them a few weeks ago--a series of storms brought on one last cold snap and I noticed that they were freezing to death on top of my dresser. So I moved them to the living room and next to the heater where it was a few degrees warmer.

I brought them into the kitchen with me and placed them directly in the sunshine. I like to think that they enjoyed themselves.

On a (slight) side note: they've grown! A little bit, but they're still bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment