January 16, 2010

Sewing 101


I have my first sewing class tomorrow. It is a crash course type of class at a local, Bay Area fabric store: $20, 2 hours, 1 seasoned instructor, all supplies and machines included. I've been planning to take this particular course for months, but in all honesty have been too lazy to give up a Friday evening or rare Sunday afternoon off from work. So understandably I've been looking forward to it for quite some time and am both anxious and excited.

I hope for many things: ideally I would love to find myself pleasantly surprised that using a sewing machine comes naturally to me thus making me the star pupil of the class. However, I recognize the fact that this is less than likely and therefore I would also be grateful to discover that I am not completely inept at operating this piece of machinery that for obvious reasons scares and intimidates me. And although I am hoping for the former scenario and fear the later (because I really do want to learn how to sew), I would happily settle for an outcome that is between the two. Lets hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment